May 24, 2012

Time to be Thankful

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice."

- Meister Eckhart

A few things I'm thankful for...


Visiting Kyle in Europe long before we knew for sure that we'd be married some day...not only because it was an amazing trip that I think brought us even closer but also because I really got to know someone else in my life, too...

My sister, whom I had previously taken somewhat for granted and realized I didn't really know before very well at all, became one of my very best friends on that trip. Sisters, friends, and now neighbors...I don't think I could ask for any more.


Except for a second sister, maybe. This raven-haired lady of our family is simply the most hilarious storyteller, and my cheeks literally hurt after being around her. I don't know what I'd do without these two.
Or this guy...

I think most people would agree that my brother is a pretty awesome guy. Most of the time anyway. He reminds me that most things aren't worth getting upset about, and I have to admit he's right.
Speaking of awesome guys...


I love this man so much. Not only because of who he is but because of who he has made the rest of us. Let's just say that my sisters and I have found out that the whole girls-marrying-men-like-their-dads thing is eerily true. We've also learned something else...


There is no avoiding turning into your mother. And I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way. There's no explaining what it means to me to have my mom living a five-minute drive away. She taught me what it means to be a strong woman and an amazing mother.
Which leads me to my next thought...


I am so grateful to have such loving parents-in-law. They have this huuuuge family that I am constantly excited to be a part of, and almost all of them live within a three-mile radius! I mean, think about it, that could really go one way or the other, and I couldn't be any happier that it's a positive thing. I get to have dinner with almost the whole family every weekend, and I'm so excited for our future children to experience that.
We also have another kind of family for our children to enjoy...


We feel so lucky to have such wonderful groups of friends who love to make the most of everything, leap at opportunities, and focus on the things that are most important in life. We're also thankful for all the friends who aren't pictured, but I'm sure most of you know I'm terrible and never take pictures and must rely on my friends and wedding photographer for visuals. Some other people who aren't pictured include all of our extended families, including our grandparents who are stand-up people if I've ever met any.

If you couldn't tell yet, my life pretty much revolves around people. Most people's lives do, I suppose. I love that we have wonderful friends and a great big family. I'm still so ecstatic for Kyle that his dream job became a reality this year.

Mostly I'm excited for all the wonderful things to come. There have already been several new additions made to both of our families since that photo was taken a little over a year ago, and I can't wait for even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough about me.
What are you thankful for this year?

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. It shows how much you value the people around you, which says a lot about you, too--that, though you may feel lost at times, at least your heart is where it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I do read your blog, but, as you can tell, it's been a while :) Although, it's been a while since you've posted...you should do something about that.

    ReplyDelete