May 24, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

"Begin by being thankful for what didn't happen."

- Mac Anderson and BJ Gallagher

I got rear-ended on the way to pick my dad up from the airport this afternoon, and my neck hurts somethin' fierce. But I feel like I should be more upset by it. I was actually really calm, and the girl who hit me was really nice. Her car looked totaled, and mine doesn't seeeeem bad, but I guess I'll find out what the damage is tomorrow.

Things like that don't usually phase me. It's weird. I don't really care about possessions, so if I have to spend the money to get a new car or whatever, then I will. I don't think I'll have to, but, if I did, then what else is there to do than just deal with it?

I don't really care about money. I should care more, but I think it's one of the strangest and most obscure forms of currency in life.

Anyway, my airbag didn't go off, so that was lucky. Things could always be worse. Quite honestly, I'm surprised I've commuted in Orange County for two years and not gotten hit until now. Yay for southern California traffic!

Okay, well, I'm hungry and want to eat dinner and watch a movie on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment