June 5, 2012

Up All Night

"New York's terrible when somebody laughs on the street very late at night. You can hear it for miles. It makes you feel so lonesome and depressed. I kept wishing I could go home and shoot the bull for a while with old Phoebe." - The Catcher in the Rye

I can't sleep. It's like I caught some sort of second wind by being crazy enough to go to LA and back on a Monday night. I had fun with good company though, so it was worth it. I wish I could fall asleep because Heaven knows I'll be wishing I could fall asleep under my desk all day tomorrow.

What I wouldn't give to be four years old again and have naps scheduled into my day.

Gosh, this is just mumbo jumbo that I'm writing in hopes that it will bore me to sleep. Maybe it will bore you to sleep before it bores me.

Everything feels more dramatic after 2am. Ted Mosby's mom told him nothing good happens after 2am. I don't totally agree with that, but I would agree that sleep is one of the very best things that can happen after 2am. I'll give it a shot. What do you have for me, Pandora? Ah, some Regina Spektor. Thank you. Goodnight.

6/5/12

No comments:

Post a Comment