June 22, 2011

Previous Passions

Things I Thought I Wanted to Be OR Things That I See Other People Doing Successfully and Get Jealous:

1. Actress
2. Singer/Songwriter
3. Writer
4. Motivational Speaker
5. Greeting Card Designer
6. World Traveler (I realize this is not an occupation that typically pays.)

At the moment, #2 is hitting me hard. Why didn't I keep taking piano and guitar lessons? Why? I was afraid. Afraid I wasn't automatically the best. Afraid I didn't have hands that were big enough to be skilled at playing. Afraid I didn't have enough of a range in my voice to wow anyone. Afraid I was already too old to start and have a chance at getting any good before it was too late. Afraid.

Lazy. Too lazy to work through all of my fears and prove myself wrong.

Now I'm just tired. Tired of letting the lazy give way to the fear.

I just want to find my voice, my passion. Where did it go?

Time for bed. Wouldn't want to be late to my 9-5 tomorrow.

Passion. Purpose. I guess I'll find them when I have more time, huh?

No, I'll make time.

Tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. When I had a "real" job, I stopped doing almost everything I loved and used to do on a daily basis. Life gets in the way of passion. I'm still figuring out how to incorporate it back in. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete